Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday 6 AM

Im up way too early for a Saturday. I had some nosh already and I think I may either go for a ride or go to the gym.

It's rainy out here in the land of wind, big buildings and the voting dead. But that never stopped me from hitting the mountain bike.

I may just go for a walk with the fox.

Last night was particularly restful for a change. Just chilled at home, and relaxed. It was very needed.

Gotta keep going with the to-do list. I have a number of concerts I need to get my tickets for, one being NIN and the other being Motorhead with Reverend Horton Heat and Nashville Pussy.

I love the Rev, and saw him last year with Nashville Pussy and Backyard Tire Fire.

If you haven't seen the Rev, it truly is a must see. This man gives a high voltage performance every time he steps onto stage. With Nature Boy Jimbo slapping that stand-up bass by is side, the sound is swingin'.

Nashville Pussy does NOT disappoint. If you want some good ole rock n roll with some stink of the south on it, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS BAND.

Now I have never seen Motorhead, and honestly, would never before go out of my way to go see them, but I'm glad I'm getting the chance to. I keep remembering from the movie Airheads "Lemmy is God" so I figure, why not right. Full review coming after this show.

Back in May NIN was here in Chicago (sans Jane's Addiction) on their NINJA tour. I unfortunately missed ticket sales, and had to miss the show. It was at Northerly Isle (which is one of the ONLY outside venues I actually like). I wanted to go SOOOOO bad, but the concert was run by Live Nation who has a new way to do tickets, which makes it a tad harder and a tad more expensive to get after sales tickets (aka from a broker or a scalper). And truth be told, I HATE getting tickets from a broker if I dont have to.

Much to my surprise yesterday, NIN is coming back to do an intimate show. Presale is going on in a week and you can bet your ass Ill be online refreshing as much as I can to get my ass to that show. Im not missing this one, because this will probably be the last time NIN is in Chicago for a very long time if not forever.

I was fortunate enough to see NIN last year at Lollapalooza, and Reznor was just as I remembered him. Except now, he isnt some skinny guy, he cut his locks and the man is PUMPED.

Watching him on stage was something else. He did all the old favorites off of Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral. He did my favorites Burn, and Gave Up, as well as some off of Year Zero and the Slip.

I'm sure this concert will leave me fulfilled. I do wonder if he will be here with Jane's though, considering, Jane's is playing Lollapalooza this year, and they do have the "NO SHOWS IN CHICAGO 2 months prior or post LOLLA if the band is performing in the festival"

I know so far 2009 has been a disappointment on the concert front. I did get to see Cornell up close and personal, and saw him in a full show at the Riv, but all in all, I lost Musink this year where Mr. Ness was supposed to be. I had Rev cancel out on 2 shows, and have yet to see when SxDx will be back here.

KMFDM will be back in their hometown in October, and I do have my tickets for that. I'm COMPLETELY jazzed for that. "feel the hunger inside, don't lose your trust" Cannot wait for that show.

Alrighty catz n kittenz, thats enough for now. Time to get off my ass and do something.

No comments: