Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There are some good things about walking in the rain

Sure, a summer rain can be refreshing, cleansing, and cool down humid/hot temps. But what I was most thankful for today was in the downpour, no one could see me crying.

My life has seemed to turn upside down in a matter of a few days.

Now I've always been a pretty resourceful girl. I have always managed to pull myself up by the bootstraps and keep chugging along, and yeah, I come around, stronger than ever.

Let's face facts, the economy is for shit. Some of my closest friends have lost their jobs, and most are having a hell of a time trying to get a new job.

While I still have my job, I am under tremendous stress and worry considering my company was just acquired by a HUGE global conglomerate. A company that will have little to no use for a smallish creative department.

The beauty of being a graphic designer is that I can do it from anywhere.

Here is where the rain came in handy.

I am faced with a decision that is life changing. I am considering a move half-way across the country.

There is a history I have had for the past 13 years, that has been a major part of my life, and something that I know I can never walk away from. But in the balance is my family, my friends, and Chicago as a whole.

I've blogged about the health of my mother before, this is my number one concern with this decision that I am struggling with.

Do I follow my heart? I'm so torn, and I truly do not know what to do.

I've often dreamed about a fresh start, and this could be my opportunity to do so. It's frightening, and exciting. I call out to my friends, my personal friends, who I know are reading this.

I need your counsel more now than ever, I am at a loss, and I am so unsure of everything right now.

1 comment:

shelby1232 said...

Good morning girl,

I say just follow your heart!! I know, I know, easier said than done.

A new adventure sounds fun, though, doesn't it?

If you need anything, you know I'm here.
Lots of love,
Fran