Monday, May 24, 2010

May is almost over... yay?

Finally, a warm day in Chicago. Yesterday hit the mark with almost hitting 90 Degrees. Today is another warm day, low 90's and I locked the house up tight hoping that the central air that cooled the crib throughout the night, stays cool so I don't have to pay for it running constantly.

SO YES, more changes are afoot for me. I was officially approved for a mortgage, I'm hunting for a house, still going through my mom's things (which I do know will come to an end, sometime, hopefully... *sigh*)

ALSO, I discovered a great freelance site (thanks for the tip, Jen) that I am going to be registering on to see if I can amp up my freelance clientele.

I got my Lolla ticket and am totally Jazzed about going, and this should be the last year I go, Mr. Ness and his band of sickboys will be there (more on this show in a bit). AND since I will have a mortgage, and tons of new house bills, I will have to curb my rock-n-roll lifestyle.

Recently on the twitter-front, I put out a query of who some people have discovered musically that they really dig (because I am constantly on the search for new bands) and someone suggested the band Volbeat to me. Totally dig em. Check out some of their tunes, see if you dig 'em too. OH and if you want please follow me on Twitter, just search GirlSixx and you shall find me!

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. Happy birthday Dad, I love you and I hope you had a great day!! I miss you every day!

It's really kind of strange not having your parents around anymore. There was one time I looked at a friend of mine and said, "Fuck me, I am actually an orphan now". Yeah, I'm an adult (which can mean varying things on different days), but the fact remains that most of us turn to our parents for advice, happy moments, sad moments. Kinda like the old cliche of the kid running his first touchdown on tv, turning to the camera and saying "hi Mom!".

When I got the call saying I was approved for my mortgage, my first inclination was to pick up the phone and call my mom to tell her the news. I was so proud. Then it hit me, I had no where to call her (well here anyways). Yeah I know she is proud, and she knows what is going on, and she is smiling down on me. It's the selfish part of me, that wants her here to see, so I can hear her voice, see her smile, hear her advice (which is always different from everyone).

Lolla–I'm pretty damn excited for this one (don't I say this every year?)SOCIAL DISTORTION, original Soundgarden, Green Day, Lady GaGa, Gorgol Bordello, Arcade Fire, the Strokes, Black Keys, Spoon... here go look for yourself. I'm sure there will be scheduling conflicts again, but no matter what I'm going. We all know why.

Alright Kiddies... time for me to do other things. Let the jukebox keep on playin' and Talk Hard!

G6

No comments: