Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 GOOD RIDDANCE (I hope you had the time of your life)

As happy as I am to see this HORRID year come to a close, I am thankful (yes again) for many things that I have learned over this year.

I have learned to deal with loss, losing the most important person in my life this year (Mom, not a day goes by that I don't think of you, and use the skills, knowledge, and advice that you have given to me throughout my life).

I've dealt with and learned about addictions, my own, as well as addictions of those I care so very much about.

I've learned the true value of family and friends.

I've done some considerable growing up. I have learned to stop and smell the roses, keep memories and laughter alive, and to fight through the tears.

I've made some awesome new friends, and strengthen bonds with the friends I have had for years.

All in all, it has been a character building year for me, and as shitty as it was, I am thankful.

Looking forward, I turn the page to the next chapter of my life. I fully intend to make it a happier chapter, and I fully intend to keep learning. When we stop learning, we are as good as dead.

I want to wish everyone out there, a very happy, prosperous, and healthy new year. I hope it is filled with magic, happiness, laughter and music.

Talk Hard!
G6

No comments: