Thursday, May 12, 2011

Maybe it's time to take a different approach...

Ok, it's time to be honest with myself.

I've had battles with my weight most of my life. There was only one time in my life where my perseverance was paying off, I was losing weight the right way. It was back in 2002. I was not deterred from going to the gym, working out, eating right.

Then I hit a plateau at around the beginning of 2003. It still didn't stop me. I kept going.

Then my dad got sick, and passed, and for some reason, all of my emotions got in the way of everything else. I let everything get in the way of ME. Year after year, the same thing... some emotional thing would affect me, some health thing, and I would stall or make excuses. NO MORE EXCUSES.

The past couple of days, I have been noticing more aches and pains than I normally have. I actually caught myself, moving and reacting like my mom was twords the end.

WAKE UP CALL... I'm headed for an early grave if I do not do anything NOW.

I'm going to be starting a second blog. Not sure of the name yet, But I will do (hopefully) daily updates on how I am doing.

No longer am I looking for the magic pill to take off the rest of my weight. I will not be doing weight-loss surgery. I'm going to do it the way I need to do it. Exercise and watching what I eat.

The missing link that I didn't do before, I'm going to work out on the inside as well. It's time to build up my esteem, how I think about myself. MY WANTS, MY NEEDS.

When I have the new blog set up I will link to it.

Life isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.... and it's time for me to start training and going through it, not watching it pass me by.

I'd say wish me luck, but that would indicate that I don't believe in myself. But now, I actually DO believe in myself.

Talk Hard!
G6

No comments: